Saturday, March 23, 2013

Challenge: Eating some things I hadn't eaten before.

So this was not so much a challenge, rather a pleasant meal with a dear friend where I ate some new things. I guess we can pretend that by taking me out, Liv was challenging me. Overall, it was one of the best meals I have ever had, and it included more food than I have listed here. This is just the new stuff.

Clams
They were steamed, and served with garlic aioli, and were delicious. I only got to eat two of them, which was a bit sad.
Would I eat them again: I sure would.
Rating: 9/10

Bonito Sashimi 
Ok, so I only ate raw fish for the first time about a year ago, and have only eaten it a couple of times since then, because even though I know I like it now, in my head I imagine it will taste the way bench where fishermen clean fish smells. Which, if you have never been fishing, is not good.
So, I am kinda surprised as to how much I liked Sashimi. It basically tastes of tenderness. Delicious, delicious tenderness.
Would I eat it again: JUST TRY AND STOP ME
Rating: 10/10

Pigeon
By the time we got to the Pigeon, I was getting pretty full. It was really, really rich. I preferred the honey roasted carrot it was served with.
Would I eat it again: Maybe. If it was part of a degustation menu (which it was this time) I probably would, but I can't see myself ever choosing it over most other food.
Rating: 6/10

Earl Grey Tea Ice Cream
This was served with a delicious Chocolate dessert, and was also delicious.
Would I eat it again: Definitely.
Rating: 9/10

Prunes
Prunes were part of the above dessert. I tried them. I didn't eat them. My opinions on dried fruit, which is basically that it is fruit which a dementor has sucked the soul out of, remain unchanged.
Would I eat it again: Not if I can help it.
Rating: 2/10


No comments:

Post a Comment